Listed below are the Officer positions of the Warren Warrior Band Booster Board and a short summary of their duties. These Officers will come from the general membership and serve a one-year period not to exceed two consecutive terms in the same office. Not all duties have been listed; you can review the complete list of duties on the WWBB, Inc.’s By-Laws that you can get on Charms.
Currently, three of the six Officers have band students graduating this year, so those positions will be vacant with no incumbents. Those are Alex Pena, President; Susan Collins, Second Vice President; and Wendy Johnson, Secretary. The other Officers will be running for their current positions or other Officer positions.
If you are interested in any of these, please submit your name and contact information to the Nomination Committee which is listed at the end.
The President shall:
- Serve as the Executive Officer of the WWBBInc. and shall represent the interests of the organization, as necessary, to the Administration of Warren High School and/or Northside Independent School District, to other Warren High School Booster Clubs and Parent-Teacher-Student Organizations and to the community.
- Preside at meetings of the WWBBInc. and of the Board of Directors.
- Serve as the Northside Boosters Association (NBA) Representative along with one Concession Chair. The NBA representatives shall represent the WWBBInc. to the NBA, and be members of the NBA Board. They shall attend NBA Board meetings and report NBA actions and financial status to the WWBBInc. The President will be a member of the Concessions Committee.
The First Vice President shall:
- Perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President or in case of the inability of the President to act.
- Assume the office of the President in the event of the resignation, termination or death of the President. The now vacant position of First Vice President shall be only filled at the majority request of the general membership at the next general membership meeting after the vacancy occurs.
- Serve as coordinator of the fundraising activities.
- Serve as Chairperson of the Scholarship Committee. This committee shall be composed of five current paid members, at least two appointed by the Board of Directors.
The Second Vice President shall:
- Preside at meetings of the WWBBInc. or of the Board of Directors in the absence of the President and the First Vice President.
- Serve as coordinator of Festival/Competition activities.
The Secretary Shall:
- Record, maintain and make available to any member, upon request, minutes of all meetings of the WWBBInc. and of the Board of Directors.
- Maintain all records of the organization, except such as are specifically assigned to other officers or members.
- Conduct correspondence for the WWBBInc. and the Board of Directors.
The Treasurer shall:
- Have custody of all WWBBInc. funds and pay debts by check. All checks require two signatures by authorized officers.
- Countersign checks drawn on the WWBBInc. account’s in accordance with the requirements of these bylaws.
- Maintain an accurate and permanent record of all receipts and disbursements.
- Present a report of current financial status at each regular general meeting of the WWBBInc.
- Maintain student cash accounts and periodically post status of accounts in the band hall or provide balance upon request by student, parent/guardian. (See Appendix “B” for further details)
The Parliamentarian shall:
- Be appointed by the President and confirmed by the Board of Directors.
- Ensure all meetings and proceedings are conducted in accordance with these bylaws.
- Be a non-voting member of the Board of Directors.
Interested? Send your name and contact information to any member of the Nominations Committee:
* Dean Oulela – email@example.com
* Syliva Oulela – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Brenda Zachmeyer – email@example.com
* April Avalos – firstname.lastname@example.org
* Shannon Garcia – email@example.com
Any questions, you can also contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.